Do I need to carry comprehensive and collision auto insurance

Oklahoma like most other states only mandates that drivers carry liability insurance. They require $25,000 in bodily injury coverage per person and $50,000 per accident and $25,000 in property damage. If you have a car loan, your lender will require that you carry additional insurance which protects their investment. If you live in or near Oklahoma City, OK Freeland Insurance has years of experience in auto insurance and is here to help you choose the best insurance for you. 

The answer to the question do I need to carry comprehensive and collision insurance is simply no, you don’t. Before you decide to drop your coverage you need to ask yourself a few questions. 

Do I count on my car to get to work?

Do I have the money to repair or replace my car if I needed to do it out of pocket?

What is the value of my car?

Your answer to these three questions will determine whether or not you should carry collision and comprehensive insurance. Most people count on a car just for the normal activities of daily life. If you have access to public transportation or don’t really need your vehicle then you probably don’t need anything beyond the required liability insurance. 

If a repair of perhaps thousands of dollars or a complete replacement in the case of theft or a vehicle totally destroyed would not be a hardship for you then you probably don’t need comprehensive and collision coverage. 

If your car is only worth a couple of hundred dollars then no, you don’t need collision and comprehensive coverage. However, if it is worth thousands of dollars, it is probably a good idea. 

Talking to the experienced team at Freeland Insurance in Oklahoma City, OK can set your mind at rest and guarantee that you have the coverage that is right for you. Stop by the office or give them a call for a no-obligation quote. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *